By Neil Botten
CIMA Revision playing cards are the single fabrics written and counseled by means of CIMA. they supply succinct yet whole insurance of the entire significant issues of the hot CIMA 2005 syllabus. The pocket-sized, spiral-bound layout permits them to be carried round simply, making them worthy assets anyplace you're. Diagrams and bulleted lists are used all through to demonstrate the main issues as sincerely and concisely as attainable. This simplifies the syllabus and makes the issues effortless to profit and have in mind. CIMA Revision playing cards offer: * examination advice and tricks * A precis of all of the key themes of the recent syllabus* visible aids to consolidate studying * examination concentrated, pocket sized revision courses summarising the foremost issues of the recent CIMA syllabus * Diagrams and tables all through strengthen key techniques and reduction reminiscence retention and keep in mind * simply moveable dimension
Read or Download CIMA Revision Cards: Business Strategy PDF
Similar managerial books
Compliment for Lean Accounting most sensible Practices for Sustainable Integration "Anyone inquisitive about a lean transformation unavoidably bumps up opposed to the vagaries of the accounting platforms that gift overproduction and waste and appear to punish precise development. We ask yourself what could occur if the accountants really got here to the creation ground and witnessed firsthand the havoc created via their structures.
An leading edge, new method of possibility evaluation and administration to help you discover numerous possibilities in your corporation If a enterprise desires to be sustainable within the twenty-first century, it may concentrate on the continual advancements and strength possibilities that hazard administration deals.
A lot has been written in regards to the fiscal and political difficulties of nations which are within the means of altering from centrally deliberate structures to industry platforms. so much stories have excited by the commercial, felony, political, and sociological difficulties those economies have needed to face through the transition interval.
- Financial Services Anti-Fraud Risk and Control Workbook
- Revenue management : a path to increased profits
- International Credit and Collections: A Guide to Extending Credit Worldwide
- Flexible Plankostenrechnung und Deckungsbeitragsrechnung
- Accounting for Managers (Briefcase Books Series)
- Konsumorientierte Reform der Unternehmensbesteuerung
Extra info for CIMA Revision Cards: Business Strategy
The marketing view is that customers perceive a product as a collection of attributes (or benefits), rather than just as a product. The steps in an attribute costing exercise are: 1. 2. List separately the product benefits offered to the customers – must be done from the customers’ perspective and with the purchasing decision process in mind Decide on a set of cost categories for the product – Bromwich suggested asset of categories modified from activity-based costing. These were: product volume related, activity related, capacity related and decision related 3.
2. 3. Today, most retailers will calculate DPP for themselves; in the past, suppliers have calculated DPP to use in bargaining sessions with customers and to better understand how to convince a retailer to carry more stock Calculating DPP 1. Establish the determinants of sales revenue – price of the product, frequency with which it is purchased and the amount of sales returns generated Establish the determinants of costs – this has been the most useful aspect of DPP. Cost to the retailer can include: unit price charged by supplier, costs of placing the order, inventory and storage costs, transport costs from warehouse to the store, costs of shelf filling, together with wastage and breakage costs The DPP analysis will break down costs to determine drivers; for instance, for stock holding, drivers might well be: the size of the product, the uncertainty of demand, the delivery cycle and the ordering method.
However, internal factors can also be a threat, skill or age profile of the staff for instance, and this is felt to be a weakness of the technique The popularity of the technique, using a simple 2Â2 matrix on a flip chart, is its simplicity and the limited space to write, forces management to focus on the big issues. The technique could focus management into: 1. 2. 3. Matching – build on strengths to capitalise on opportunities Converting – by reinterpreting weaknesses and threats as opportunities Remedying – curing the weaknesses by appropriate action Corporate appraisal The TOWS approach ‘A critical assessment of the strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) in relation to the internal and environmental factors affecting and entity, in order to establish its condition prior to the preparation of the long term plan’ An alternative approach uses a 3Â3 matrix that plots strengths and weaknesses against opportunities and threats, to give four groups of strategies – (S)trength (O)pportunities strategies, WO strategies, ST Strategies and WT strategies The extended matrix offers limited advantage over SWOT 28 ————————————————————————————————————————— ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Position Appraisal and Analysis The SWOT analysis The value of SWOT (or TOWS) This is one of the most criticised techniques in strategic management, since it is usually difficult to get an objective analysis done.